Why Join HMEDA?
Click here to download the 2015 Membership Application – HMEDA – 2015 Member Invoice
HMEDA has been active for over 15 years. Activities undertaken in recent years have become increasingly important to HME dealers and product manufacturers. Budgets are becoming tighter, rules are becoming more stringent, and competition is increasing. To survive and succeed in business today it is increasingly important to work together in an effort to maintain high standards when operating any business, achieving successful partnerships with customers, suppliers, prescribing healthcare professionals and funding sources.
HMEDA has two levels of membership.
Benefits for Home Medical Equipment Dealers:
- As an HMEDA dealer, HMEDA helps you keep informed of the latest industry trends and issues facing Dealers in BC.
- Operating a business can be a lonely task when facing the many challenges in growing your business. Meet contacts in the field and expand your business network.
- Gain customer trust by being part of an established Home Medical Equipment dealer network committed to raising the overall value of goods and services.
- We are constantly faced with ever-changing rules and regulations in running our businesses. Have a voice in providing input to a wide range of stakeholders dealing with issues facing our industry.
Benefits for Manufacturers and Distributors:
- HMEDA is committed to promoting our industry with all levels of government. The HMEDA Funder Relations Committee works to ensure the provincial MSA retains key features of client choice for equipment. In recent years there have been several trial balloons floated by provincial government officials to reduce costs by restricting equipment choices available to funded clients. Had HMEDA not argued against this we might have had a situation where several manufacturers and distributors would have very little business in BC. Membership in HMEDA is critical to maintaining the overall health of the dealer network.
- Manufacturers/distributors benefit by having improved relationships with dealer members.
- Manufacturers/distributors benefit through HMEDA sponsored education days, attracting new (and efficiently organized) audiences to product offerings.
Working together we have been successful in influencing changes to funding programs and reimbursement protocols in BC. This is an ongoing task. We need the participation and support of ALL dealers, distributors and manufacturers to succeed in driving positive change.