Business Plan for 2020
In support of our Members;
Advocate for and facilitate activities that build positive relationships among members. Provide a forum for sharing information, remaining abreast of industry trends and challenges, addressing and resolving issues, and continually raising standards of excellence within the Home Medical Equipment Industry
- Work collaboratively with government as the “spokesperson” for issues relating to the home medical industry in BC.
- Work with the Canadian Assistive Devices Association (CADA) on issues of mutual interest.
- Facilitate educational opportunities such as webinars and live events to help train both our members and prescribers about products and services offered by our members and associate members.
- Assist our members in working through challenges as we collectively deal with the Covid-19 crisis.
In support of our Community;
Advocate for the interests of clients, health care professionals and HMEDA members to influence policies and initiatives, ensuring programs and services are managed responsibly and fairly. This activity will include interaction with all levels of government, regulatory authorities, and related organizations impacting the Home Medical Equipment Industry.
- Assist and work collaboratively with allied healthcare providers involved in the provision of Home Medical Equipment.
- Encourage public tendering by government and other public funders when supplying home medical equipment. Monitor these processes to ensure fairness and transparency in the execution of these activities.
- Actively collaborate with government ministries and crown corporations on matters relating to the current MSA agreement, including ongoing reviews to ensure the contract is fairly executed and adequate funding is available. Generate recommendations aimed to potentially improve the overall quality of services provided in future MSA contracts.
- Advocate with other third-party funders including (but not limited to) Federal Veteran’s Affairs, Non-Insured Health Benefits, First Nations Health Authority, and Extended Health Insurance providers to encourage fairness and efficiency of home medical equipment provision processes.